Finding a primary physician who knows about LE

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Finding a primary physician who knows about LE

Postby gary1955 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:25 am

I am in the market for a new primary physician and would really like to find one who has some good knowledge of LE. Is there any way I can find out this info by contacting someone in my area? I live in NE Ohio near Akron and have been a patient of Dr. Wells at ST. Thomas Hospital LE clinic for about 10 years. He is a D.O. Unfortuneately, I haven't been real happy with the clinic there. They stress using pumps way too much and do not recommend using Reid sleeves which is what I could really use. I currently have a Internal Medicine doctor at Summa Health which St. Thomas is a part of. The only other LE clinic in NE Ohio is at University Hospital in Cleveland. I get really frustrated going to my primary care physician and having to explain the same things over and over to him about my LE. Any help would be appreciated.
gary1955

Postby patoco » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:16 am

Hey Gary :)

Finding a PCP who knows about lymphedema is a challenge. When I needed a new one, I ask a local LE clinic therapist if she could send me a couple names of doctors who had referred patients to their clinic.

What I will do now is to "interview" them before actually having them become my new PCP.

If any our of visitors or members know of good PCP's who are familiar with lymphedema, let me know and I can include them in our list of LE doctors.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema